Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Giving in...

Well here I am. I've finally joined the world of blogging. It's something I've been avoiding for years and now I've at last given in. I'm not sure why I waited so long or what the big deal was but I'm here now and that's all that matters. Right?

So my final deciding factor for "giving in" was Dani... well really my Honors class... but we'll just say Dani so she feels special. In my class we're supposed to be tracking our thoughts throughout the semester and present all of our random connections to the class as our final project. Dani thought it would be a good idea to create a blog to track the mind process. Inspired by her brilliance I have decided to follow in her footsteps (which is really hard considering my feet are twice as big as hers!).

Anyways! So my Honors class seriously has to be one of the most amazing classes ever offered. The class involves watching lectures online (http://www.ted.com/) and then discussing them in class. These lectures, however, are not your typical sit-in-class-wanting-to-chew-your-leg-off kind of lectures. They are actually really exciting! The people giving the lectures have 18 minutes to talk about whatever they'd like and believe me it gets interesting! For example, in our first class we experienced this TED talk :



http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/rives_on_4_a_m.html

Crazy huh? I love it! Who thinks of these things and finds these kind of connections? Granted I really don't think this guy did this in all seriousness but it really does make you think... How many thing in life ARE connected? How many times have you talked with people only to find you've met them before? Or they know some random person that you do? Or how about events that occur that have some obscure connection to something else? Our world is seriously full of connections and if you really think about it, it can be kinda creepy. Maybe Rives really isn't too far off from the truth.

1 comment:

Dani said...

Whoa! I'm both brilliant and inspirational! At least according to this blog that I'm suddenly liking a lot. But really, excellent to have you join the blogging world!